Tournament of Champions Qualifier
The Tournament of Champions is the statewide written scholastic championship for middle school students. It is sponsored by the OAAC.
In order to attend the TOC 6th, 7th and 8th grade students must earn a spot by placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd at a qualifying tournament. There are several invitational TOC Qualifying tournaments held across the state. To find out if there is one close to you, click on the Other TOCQ's link.
In addition to the invitaitonal tournaments, the OAAC will be offering our TOCQ online. For more information on online TOCQ.
1. Qualifying at an OAAC TOC qualifier will NOT give a student an advantage at the TOC in April.
2. A school may participate in only one OAAC TOC qualifier per year. A school may attend as many non-OAAC TOCQs as they would like. See the list under Other TOCQs link at the left.
3. At an OAAC TOCQ no more than 3 students from one school per grade per test, unless the field is not full. Participants will be notified if the enrollment is open to more than 3.
4. Medals will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each grade for each test.
6. Entry fee $2.00 per student per test.
2012-13 Humanities focus period
The Gothic Era into Early Renaissance
Art ~ Gothic
Music ~ polyphonic music, plainsong
Philosophy ~ Scholasticism
Literature ~ Aesops Fables Marco Polo, Dante, Chaucer
(Aesop was earlier - but will be included in this focus period)