4th Grade

5th Grade

Upper Elementary

Mid Level


OKC Blue Tournament

Science Bowl

Check for planning meeting information and competition dates. ALWAYS confirm date and time with the host site.


Academic Bowl

Take your kids and hit the road!

Academic Bowl is a great opportunity to go one on one against your cross county rivals. Students prepare for competition by honing their study skills and in the process they learn! Academic Bowl gives your students to the opportunity to receive recognition for what they know.
The OAAC offers Academic Bowl opportunities for students in grades 4-10.
A school may enter multiple teams in any level of academic bowl. A separate entry fee is required for each team.

Competition Questions:
Questions for all levels of OAAC academic bowl are based on current curriculum and come from a pool of question writers using 80% current adopted text books & PASS/Common Core standards with the remaining 20% coming from general academic bowl and cultural literacy type questions.

The list of who you will play for entered teams will be posted on the OAAC web site the first week of October. A link to the pairing information will be placed on this page and on the OAAC home page.

Competition Dates:
4th Grade Academic Bowl, 5th Grade Academic Bowl and Froshmore Series competitions will work within their group once pairings have been made to establish their schedule and locations.

2017-18 Competition Dates

Academic Bowl Entry Deadline September 29 Late entries will be accepted where vacancies exist. Once a tournament date and location has been set - additional teams will be accepted ONLY if the host site has space and staff.

If your group decides (unanimously) a date will not work for you, your group may change the date. If a unanimous decision cannot be made about changing the date, it will revert to the set date.

District - Mid Level November 7 or 9; Upper Elementary December 5 or 7

Regional - Mid Level December 5, 7,12, or 14; Upper Elementary January 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 25, or 26

Firebird - Mid Level January 9, 10 or 12; Upper Elementary February 13 or 15

Area - Mid Level January 20 or 27; Upper Elementary February 17

Phoenix - Mid Level February 20; Upper Elementary February 27

Mid Level Challenge of the Champions - February 24

4th Grade Alpha and 5th Grade Alpha Touraments may be scheduled any time after November 13.

4th Grade Beta & 5th Grade Beta may be scheduled any time after January 15.

Froshmore Mathematics Tournament & Froshmore Social Studies tournaments may be scheduled any time after November 6. Froshmore Science & Froshmore Humanities & Fine Arts may be scheduled any time after January 3.

Froshmore Championship March 3

Tournament Format:
All tournaments are round robin or modified round robin tournaments.